Instagram Follow @_fia93

Saturday 15 June 2013

Birthday Nail Polishes

Hey!
Apologies for the lateness of this post.  If you have read my last post, you will see why it is so late.

I managed to get the swatches done of my new polishes!


I was given these as a birthday gift from a friend :)!  They're all so pretty!  She checked out using two transactions and got the limited edition polishes free!

I'm a massive fan of Barry M nail polishes!  In my opinion, they're the best drugstore polishes in the UK.  Their formulas are always consistent and they apply so evenly!
So, these are the first 5 colours.


Summer Limited Edition A:
This beautiful pink applies so evenly and reached full opacity in only two coats.  I love this colour so much!  It looks so bright and is a great colour for summer!  I can't wait to include this in a nail art design!

Summer Limited Edition B:
This green is so vibrant and would have reached full opacity with three coats on my nails.  I want to paint apples with it soon, as it looks so yummy!

Gelly Hi-Shine - Prickly Pear:
Words can not describe how much I love this colour!  In the photo above, I only applied two coats!  It looks so smooth and shiny.  I really love how it contrasts with the next colour.

Gelly Hi-Shine - Papaya:
I don't actually own a colour like this so I am so happy to finally own it!  Again, this polish has a high shine and looks so beautiful.

Denim:
I adore this colour!  I cannot wait for the winter to fully use this polish in designs!


I know that in a previous post, I have talked about textured polishes before, more specifically, Atlantic Road and Station Road.  Because I have reviewed these two colours already, I will not review them again.

The reason that they have been included in the swatch below is because I wished to wear all 4 of Barry M's Textured colours.


Ridely Road:
Three coats applied and this beautiful green appears like sweet sandpaper.  I really love this colour, and I'm sure that I would wear this on days when I do not have the patience to create nail art.

Kingsland Road:
Again, like the previous polish, I love the colour and the texture is amazing.  I really adore Barry M's textured range and I am so glad to finally own all of the current colours.  I really hope that they create more in a variety of colours.  I'd love to see a lavender purple produced in this range.


After my birthday, my father kindly drove me to my local Boots as I was in search of a bottle of Barry M's Confetti Nail Effects.  I finally found a bottle and picked up two more polishes,



As soon as I returned home, I just HAD to swatch them all!


A:
This is Barry M's Confetti Nail Effect - Bubblegum, over their Summer Limited Edition: A.  The confetti polish contains small flecks of blue and white confetti, and contrasts well with the pink beneath it.

B:
This is one of the test designs I created using the nail art pen from Barry M.  I did this design to demonstrate how easy it is to produce curves with the pen.  Due to the fact that I lean hard when I'm writing, I found difficulty using the pen, but I'm finally teaching myself how to control my habit :).

C: 
This is Maybelline's Spotted Pink.  It caught my eye when I was on my way to purchase the other polishes.  It reminded me of an Indie made polish.  I love this polish so much!  I really want to find a similar pink and use this as a subtle accent nail.

D: 
This is Bubblegum over a white background.  I do like it, but it does cancel out the white confetti.

E: 
This was to demonstrate the ease of use of the pen when creating straight lines and dots.  I found this easier than curves and really like what I can use this product for.


Apoligies for this being such a long post.  Hope it has been informative.

Until next time...♡ 




No comments:

Post a Comment