Instagram Follow @_fia93

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Blue Nails For Autism

Throughout the month of April, I have been participating in the 
'Blue Nails For Autism' tag on Instagram to show my support for all the hard work that goes into helping diagnose Autistic Spectrum Disorder, and the support that is provided once a diagnoses is made.

I have so much appreciation for the work that is done by the Health Services in my country to aid in the diagnoses and support of ASD.

Since 2008, my brother has been assessed for everything under the sun.  
Last year, the Health Services finally narrowed it down to Autism or Aspergers, both of which appear on the Autistic Spectrum.

Although the process of diagnosis has been a long and harrowing one for my brother and our family, he has been given so much aid and support.  For that, I am truly thankful

I love my brother very much, even though he can be hard to handle at times.  I use to get extremely frustrated with my brother because I never understood what was going on with him.
Thanks to the information and support that we as a family received, I was finally able understand that none of it is his fault.  If it wasn't for that, the gap between us would have remained wide.

He asked me a few days ago, "Aren't you fed up with painting your nails blue?  You always paint them a different colour, so why are you keeping them blue lately?"
I replied to him, "I'm painting my nails blue for you Tom.  I want the world to know how special my baby brother is, so they're blue for you."
He was extremely happy with my reasoning.


Because I have already painted 4 designs this month, I'll display them together in this post.
After today, any new nail design will be featured in their own post.

Thank you for reading this post.  If you wish to view other Blue Nails For Autism, search up the hashtag '#bluenailsforautism' on Instagram.

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment