Instagram Follow @_fia93

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Drugstore Polishes

When I got paid last week, I decided to treat myself to a few new polishes.

There are only two British Drugstore brands that I adore for polish, and those are BarryM and Models Own. The appearance and the quality of their polishes never fail me.

I bought:
• BarryM Gelly Hi-Shine - Greenberry
• BarryM Textured - Station Road
• BarryM Textured - Atlantic Road
• BarryM Colour Change - Chameleon Lilic
• Models Own Scented - Blueberry Muffin
• Models Own Scented - Grape Juice



I swatched the colours at night time (before realising that my camera had a flash ^^;;).
Check out the images below for the colours.


Random Polishes:

• BarryM Gelly Hi-Shine - Greenberry

This is a vibrant light green polish that has a high shine built in.  It reached full opacity in just one coat!  I love using BarryM's Hi-Shine range on days that I can't be bothered to sit and mess around with top coats.  As a lover of green, this polish will be overly used by me.  It quickly became one of my favourite green polishes within my collection.

• BarryM Colour Change - Chameleon Lilic

I bought this polish on a whim.  I've seen swatches of colour changing polish before and I just wanted to try one out for myself.  Honestly, I cannot understand the hype around it though.  I like the polish and the colour change, but I doubt it would be of much use to me.  I think this polish would be best used for a quick colour before running out the door on a rushed morning.

Textured Polishes:

• BarryM Textured - Atlantic Road

When I first applied this gorgeous blue polish, I thought to myself that the formula was far too thin to create a texture.  Well, wasn't I proven wrong?  I've never been so fascinated watching paint dry before!  I needed to apply three coats to reach full opacity, but I think I could have gotten away with only two.

• BarryM Textured - Station Road

This lemon yellow colour drys beautifully, and with the added texture it reminds me of lemons.  I used four coats to fully cover my nail.  
As for textured polishes, I've used OPI's Liquid Sand before, and honestly, I prefer BarryM's range of textured polishes.  Don't get me wrong, Liquid Sand is lovely, but its glitter-based and I find glitter polish extremely harsh on my nails.

Scented Polishes:

Do you know how long I've waited for scented polishes?!  When Revlon brought out their range, I could not find a single bottle of their polish anywhere!  I finally gave up the search, and whilst browsing the make-up isle in my local Boots, I came to Models Own make-up stand; And then I saw it.
SCENTED POLISHES!!!!
I wanted to buy them all!  I refrained myself and only bought two.

• Models Own Scented - Blueberry Muffin

This is an amazing powder blue colour that smells great.  The scent only lasted for a day, but the colour was enough to keep me satisfied.

• Models Own Scented - Grape Juice

This beautiful purple smells great and looks lovely on my nails!  I use to own a purple this colour from Avon, but when that dried up, I never replaced it.  This is a great addition to my collection.

On the way to the till to buy these polishes, I passed the Revlon stand, and guess what was sat there?  Bloody scented polishes.  I turned my nose up at them, and kept on walking to the checkout, with my ever faithful Models Own bottles.


Once the month of April has finished, and I've finished my last Blue Nails for Autism design, I'll definitely play about with these polishes!

Hope you enjoyed this post!  I've been trying to write this for several days now,  but I've been so busy with other stuff lately.
Until next time ... ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment