Instagram Follow @_fia93

Saturday 11 May 2013

Dip dye.. Dip dye everywhere!

Hey guys!
Today, I bring you something slightly different... OK, a lot different!
I give you, dip dyes!
I'm aware that this trend is more or less a year old, but it's something that I've been trying to do for the past year ^^;;.
In this post, I will show you all my self-dip dye and the dip dye that I did for my friend.

First, my hair:
So I have been trying to dip dye my hair since November 2012, but all the semi-permanent dyes I purchased wouldn't take to my hair, even after I bleached my ends.  I feared that my hair would never accept a semi-permanent colour.
I was almost ready to give up, when I found a blessing from the hair gods.

I found La Riché Directions in my local Hair Superstore for £6.50, but I know a shopping centre near me that sells it for £4.50 (mwahahaha).
This stuff is AMAZING!
Seriously, it actually took to my hair!
The pot is big enough for a dip dye, but if you wanted to use this as an all-over dye, I'd buy several pots.

I recommend leaving this product to develop for at least 45 minutes, rather than the recommended 15 minutes.  The first time I used it, I left it for 15 minutes and it didn't take to my hair properly.
The second time I used it, I left it to develop for an hour, and the results were amazing!

I have had this colour in my hair for about a week now, and because I wash my hair 4 times a week, it has faded a lot.
Invest in dry shampoo and try to wash your hair less frequently in order to make the colour last longer.

I'm planning to go all-over lighter with my hair soon, so I think that I may also try the lavender dye from the same brand next.  It's more of a pinky-purple colour, so I look forward to seeing that!


Next, I want to share with you the dip dye I did for my friend:
Let's just all take a moment to admire how blooming vibrant this turned out!

The dye used for this is Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL in Shocking Pink.
It's a semi-permanent hair dye and I think she bought it for around £5.
We left this colour in to develop for around an hour, just to be sure it took to her hair.  It's safe to say that it did exactly that!
I'm really impressed with this product.  It looks so vibrant and shiny.
I did make a bit of a mistake though and clipped up a part of my friends bottom layer, which is quite obvious in the photo above, but seeing as she's a hairdresser, she was able to fix it by chipping into the layer to make it look less obvious.
This dye has only been in her hair for one day, so the fade time is unknown to us at the moment, but judging by how vibrant her ends are, I'm assuming it won't fade quickly.

I hope you have all enjoyed this post.  I know that this is a nail art blog by name, but I enjoy throwing up the random irrelevant post ^^.

Until next time... ♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment