Instagram Follow @_fia93

Wednesday 8 May 2013

HowTo: Floor Tile Nails

Hey!
I recently created a pastel coloured, floor tile inspires mani when I was bored one day, so I thought I'd share it here, and also how I achieved this look!

The Finished Look!
In order to recreate this look, you will need:
- Base Coat
- Top Coat
- A base colour (I used white)
- 4 other colours of your choice 
- Scissors
- Striping tape (alternatively, you could cut thin strips of scotch tape)
Optional:
- Tweezers to place/ remove the tape with ease


Step One:

Apply your base coat to protect your natural nail.  Once it's fully dry, apply a coat of your base colour.  If needed, apply a second once the first has dried.
Leave colour to fully dry before moving on to Step Two.

Step Two:

Once your base colour is fully dry, place your tape on your nail in the shape of a cross.
It helps to remember what order you placed them in.

Step Three:

Paint your four colours in the different sections, taking care to be careful and not overlap the colours into other sections.

Step Four:

Remove the tape in reverse order of what you laid them down in (told you it helps ^^), whilst the nail polish is still slightly wet.
Wait for the polish to dry then top it off with your favourite top coat!

Finished!

I hope that this tutorial is clear enough to understand, and if you try it out, make sure to @reply me (@fia93) on Instagram.  I wanna see the results ^^!

Products used:
- Avon - Gel Strength Base Coat
- Rimmel - White
- BarryM: Gelly Hi-Shine - Greenberry
- BarryM - Strawberry Ice Cream
- Models Own: Scented - Blueberry Pie
- Models Own: Scented - Grape Juice
- INM: Out The Door - Fast Drying Top Coat

Thank you for reading!
Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment